13 May 2010

Storm Troopers

While reading the free Metro newspaper on the bus, I came across a fun segment that made me smile. The segment was about a photographer who for over a year has been putting up daily pictures of Storm Trooper toys in various forms of adventure. My two favourites has to be the the table football and the free and easy spiritual walk through the dandelion patch (both shown below). I just think the simplicity of these pics are brilliant and relies on the historical association of the Storm Troopers, had it been unknown toys, it would simply not have worked. See my third example to see what I mean, as there is no association to the unknown Japanese toy, the fun factor cease to exist. However for the young familiar Japanese audience, they would probably find it funny.

Storm Troopers Table Football


Storm Troopers leisurely Stroll


Japanese Super Hero fighting cat (example mock)

No comments:

Post a Comment